Sunday, September 23, 2012

4th Week: I like to move it, move it

Well the improvement continues. My class is really coming together, not too much insanity (no crazy fits, my two students are rocking the socks off my behavior chart too!). And this week we had some characters and funny things happen.

                                                 Amusing Anecdote of the Week: Mandy

Mandy is a student in my class who is always bringing little things from home in her backpack, they are always hidden and unexpected. One day she brought a pen with a giant stuffed tigger on the end of it, yesterday she brought Hello Kitty crayons that she wanted to use (the answer to these questions is almost always "No"-but somehow they appear out of nowhere in her hands at her desk. The girls a magician I swear). Today it was the sunglasses, she asked if she could wear them at recess. I told her yes, that would be just fine as long as she didn't wear them in the classroom. (Her response to my answer was "Hurray I'm going to wear them to a 3-D movie!" as she skipped to her cubby). She goes to put them in her cubby until recess, and comes back without a shirt. (What?! Yes that's what I said, no shirt.) Underneath her white school uniform approved shirt, she had been wearing a stylish white undershirt that (while at her cubby) she decided she wanted to show instead. When asked where her shirt was her answer was "I da know". I'm not gonna lie (while completely inappropriate) me and Ms.Griffin couldn't help but smile at her and chuckle a little bit. She's too cute for her own good. When asked to put her shirt back on, she came back with this red shirt (which by the way was on backwards when she first walked out- the girls freakin adorable). Where did this red shirt come from? I have no idea. Did I let her keep it on for the rest of the day? Yes. Yes I did. Haha

As apart of my trying to whip my students into shape, at one point during the day this last Friday I had all my students put their heads down. We weren't moving on until it was silent, when it was almost perfectly quiet- one of my kids started singing "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. We like to MOVE IT!" I literally had to turn around and face the  white board and cover my mouth because I was laughing and was trying not to let them see it. I freakin love these kids. They rock.

1 comment:

  1. heather. that's hilarious!! i love when you write about school. i feel like i'm there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete