Saturday, March 9, 2013

DR SEUSS WEEK!!!!

Well Ladies and Gents,

I went through my past posts and realized it's been a long time since I posted about my classroom. This past week was Read Across America week AND simultaneously Dr. Seuss's birthday. Unfortunately my stupid camera's broken so I have no pictures for you BUT it was pretty much the best week ever.

We read Dr. Seuss everyday, the kids wrote their own alliterations and rhyming goofy poems. They made truffula trees, Cat in the Hat Hats, a Cat in the Hat portrait, watched the Lorax and to top it off everyone got to try green eggs and ham on Friday! It was a lot of fun.

This week was also the week I had two students throw up, and one student had an accident. One threw up because she was sick, the other...well here's the story.

It was lunchtime and my students were being served egg salad sandwiches! Delicious! Right? Not right. They added pickle and relish to it, the sandwiches were yucky and my kids were refusing to eat it. As a result I made them a deal, eat five bites of the sandwich and all their fruit and they could go out to recess (usually they have to finish it before they can go out). One student tried very hard to do so, but as he was eating he heard a crunch which immediately made him think of cucumbers. He doesn't like cucumbers. He gagged and began to run to the bathroom, and threw it all up. There were no cucumbers in the sandwich.

Just another day in the life of the classroom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment